Hair Loss - What You Can Do
- Part 2
How to Alleviate Hair Loss
Avoiding a typical Western diet is one of the best ways to avoid and defend against baldness and hair loss. By introducing low-fat protein sources, such as non-fatty fish, chicken, turkey, and soy products as well as complex carbohydrates from fruits, vegetables, and beans, into a diet rich in fatty acids can be effective in helping control hair loss.
By utilizing a healthy diet in tandem with drug and herbal therapies, individuals can greatly increase the odds of their success. Eat sizeable portions of fruits, vegetables, and beans. Eat potatoes, pasta, and bread in moderation only. These foods quickly turn to glucose, spinning insulin levels out of control as blood sugar levels rise rapidly and fall just as quickly. This compromises the body's ability to regulate hormone levels in the blood. Such foods should be kept to a minimum.
Hair Replacement - Hair Grafting and Hair Transplantation
Grafting involves taking hair-bearing "donor scalp" from the back of the head, then relocating small sections into the bladed areas. Scalp reduction surgery may be performed along with grafting. It involves actually removing sections of bald scalp, then stretching the remaining scalp sections together and closing with stitches. Multiple grafting sessions will likely be needed to get the desired effect.
Hair transplantation is the best known method of surgical hair restoration and also the method of surgical hair restoration most often used to treat hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia.
Hair Loss Remedies
Some hair loss remedies provide reasonable or good results for some people. Many believe that all hair loss home remedies are "old wives tales", but if you wish to try some home hair loss remedies, here are a list of hair loss remedies which anecdotal evidence suggests may work to a greater or lesser degree:
- Massage the scalp with 2-3 drops of essential oil or a good vegetable oil. Massage well into the scalp so that the oil gets into deep roots of hair. Wrap the hair in plastic wrap and place a warm towel around it. Leave it for 2 to three hours or overnight. Shampoo the hair with a mild shampoo. Practicing this at regular basis would help your hair pores get rejuvenated, and helps prevent hair loss.
- Eat a handful of white sesame seeds every morning. One handful of these small seeds contains about 1,200 mg. of calcium and magnesium to ignite the required nourishment of your scalp in order to prevent hair loss.
- Mix a little warmed castor and almond oil and massage over scalp at least once a week to prevent hair loss.
- Grind lime seeds and black pepper in equal amounts in some water and apply to the scalp at regular intervals to prevent hair loss.
- Scrub the bald portion with onions till it becomes red. Then applying honey, scrub the scalp once a day. This will encourage hair growth.
- Massage almond oil on scalp 2 to 3 times a day to prevent further hair loss.
- Massage coconut milk or Aloe Vera gel into the scalp and hair. Leave it for ½ hour, and then rinse with warm water. Repeat 3 times a week.
- Massage honey with egg yolk into the scalp and hair. Leave for a 1/2 hour, then rinse to prevent hair loss.
Hair Loss - Part 1